I'm Leading myself

On a journey to a lighter, more alive version of myself. I am taking control of my choices and the way I see and feel about myself. This journey has released me from my fears and now I live my dreams.





Tuesday 27 September 2011

My Picture of Health

This blog post is in response to ShrinkingKath's week 2 blog challenge - what is my picture of health.

When I started the Michelle Bridges 12 WBT I wasn't really thinking in terms of health. Not that I didn't have health issues, but my focus was really on getting my priorities sorted so I could shake off my very bad habits for life. I definitely am on my way to kicking those habits and can turn my focus onto all the others things that the program can and has given me.

My picture of health captures my head, my heart, my hormones and my heel.

My healthy head sees me making healthy choices. I am now able to take responsibility for my life, I can think positively about who I am and what I am doing. I am no longer punishing myself with food and negative self talk. I am no longer stuck in a rut, unable to do anything to make life better. My healthy head takes control of my life and makes my choices easy. My healthy head chooses a life full of possibility, happiness, positivity and being true to myself.

My healthy heart enjoys the feeling of blood pumping as I exercise. It loves that my cholesterol is now in the healthy range after at least 5 years of it sitting rin the high range. My healthy heart loves to be challenged to reach new heights. It feeds my growing muscles and loves the strength I have. My healthy heart also has more room for love. It feels nurtured and cared for, which gives it more capacity to nurture and care for others. One day my healthy heart will be open to finding another to share some happiness with.

My healthy hormones are making sure I am having a menstrual cycle, and it seems to be quite regular. I've never had regular periods or anything that would even resemble a cycle. I have PCOS which plays havoc with my periods, my body's ability to store fat, and my fertility amongst other things. My hormones a enjoying the food I am feeding them and my body is responding in kind. I am feeling really confident that I have the ability to maintain this healthy hormonal state.

My not so healthy heel is desperately wanting to heal so I really can test all of the limits of my new healthy body. In one way I use my heel injury to ensure I am going gently, looking after myself and not going too hard with all of these changes. I have found exercises that I love to do that are low impact on my heel so are not in any way restricted. But I want to be able to run. I don't necessarily want to run far, I just want to be able to feel free in my body to play with and chase my son. To take myself on a walk/run outside instead of a bike ride. To be able to go to bootcamps or other exercise events that will stretch me physically and involve some running. I am seeing a new therapist so I'm hoping I can really shift the pain during this round.

Being healthy to me is feeling free and alive. It is feeling unrestricted and unburdened. I am so close to reaching it, but still have some are to work on during this round before I can really feel the freedom. Bring on the next 9 weeks of the program - I can't wait to feel the difference in my health at the end of this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment