I'm Leading myself

On a journey to a lighter, more alive version of myself. I am taking control of my choices and the way I see and feel about myself. This journey has released me from my fears and now I live my dreams.





Friday 2 September 2011

Round 2 Wrap Up

My first round of Michelle Bridges 12WBT ended in such a flurry that I haven't found the time to write a post about it. Now my second round is about to start and I want to write about my new goals, but feel I can't re-start without a wrap up.

I finished the round with a weight loss total of 16.1kg which saw my body drop 74cm of fat. So much changed for me over the 12 weeks that I'm not actually sure I could identify all of it. Importantly for my health, I dropped down into overweight on the BMI scale and I promise you I will NEVER be obese again! I feel I really did the emotional work I needed to do to not be caged in by grief anymore. I feel physically and emotionally lighter and stronger. I now believe that I can actually do anything! All I need to do is take the steps one at a time. My fitness has improved to the point that I am bounding with energy and enjoy my workouts. One of the things I am enjoying the most about my changes is feeling shiny. I don't have sugar high and lows anymore, I don't feel shame about my body and the food I'm eating. I feel balanced and confident and in control of my life. As a matter of fact I can truly say I am the leader of my life now. I take responsibility for my actions, I have clear goals and plans and I make the right choices to get me there. Wooooo Hooooooo! How great is that!

I'm feeling quite proud of the way i have embraced this challenge, i reckon i've smashed it! I'm not at the end though. I'm very excited about the next round and all that is to come.

Here's a photo of me with Michelle at the finale



Here's the wrap up stats:

Start weight: 96.7kg
Start BMI: 36
Finish weight: 80.6kg
Finish BMI: 29.97
Weight loss percentage: 16.65%

Body Measurements:
Chest: 122 down to 108 -14cm
Waist: 122 down to 95 -27cm
Hips: 121 down to 105 -16cm
R Leg: 67 down to 59 -8cm
L Leg: 66 down to 57 -9cm

Fitness test:
1km time trial on rowing machine: 5:06.6mins down to 4:18.6mins -48secs
Push ups - 1min: 27 up to 50 +23
Wall sit: 1:13.3mins up to 2:25.9 mins +1:12.6mins
Sit and reach: -3 up to +5 -+8cm
Abdominal strength: stayed on level 1

I've continued to lose weight since the round ended and am currently sitting at 76.7kg which is excatly 20kg since the beginning. So awesome! Bring on the next round! Can't wait to see the next lot of results.

No comments:

Post a Comment